Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Kampong Glam

Assalamualaikum. Finally I got spend quite some of my time writing this new entry as I'm free from any exam paper!!! Yes! I'm declared myself free from those memorizing stuff that made my head filled up with atoms and it was just waiting for an explosion anytime. But thank God, that's just it and believe me it won't explode, it just blew away. It was pretty sickening with study and work at the same time but Alhamdulillah I believe I've managed it well. 

Alright, get back what I've left before. After Bugis, I went to Arab Street and Kampong Glam and those two streets just beside to each other. It took about 5 to 10 minutes walking distance from Bugis MRT Station. The Islamic culture could be found in Kampong Glam as many of the local Malay and Muslim doing the worshiping activities in the Sultan Mosque.  Plus, it's very convenience to find Halal restaurants around there.




This place is very convenience among the tourists, mostly to the Muslims as they can perform prayer at the national mosque, shop at gifts shops, even staying place at hotels or hostels that are available around the area. This street was not busy at all during my visit compared to the other places but that didn't mean it have small numbers of visitors. The visitors were keep coming but they didn't stay for too long as the place is not big.

This was still early in the morning and the store didn't ready for an opening yet.

The interior of Sultan Mosque.

 

Non-Muslims are allowable to enter the mosque for those who wish to enter it as they provide clothes to cover the body and head (for women), as men they can enter it with proper clothes and wearing pants with knee covered, but I've no idea whether it's chargeable or not as I'm a Muslim and I'm free to enter the mosque as I wish. I didn't bother myself checking that out somehow. It's advisable to wear proper clothes before entering the mosque and please behave your attitude while you're in the mosque due to respect as it is the holy place for Muslim.




Bicycle rental for tourists in front of the guest house





I've no idea what's the name of this exercise but actually I found it inconvenience to perform this kind of exercise in the middle of the street and in front of public. But who cares, they just exercising.

Look at the street, it was very small and I was thinking if it were crowded, it'll be a big problem. But thank God, it wasn't!


No comments:

Post a Comment