Thursday, August 29, 2013

Shophouse The Social Hostel

Assalamualaikum. I woke up a bit earlier than usual today like I was preparing for fasting, but actually I'm not. What exciting me the most of early morning is, it's super duper quiet since it's a bedtime for most of the people, while I prefer to have daydream, hibernation and reflection on myself. I think it's a pretty cool thing I've done so far and I'm proud of it. See! the coolest thing for me is the lamest thing people would think, I guess.

So, this was my staying place while I was in Singapore, the Shophouse Hostel! It was my first experience staying in this kind of hostel and I rate it 8 out of 10 stars! Frankly speaking I used to live in hostel, dorm or whatever you call it, but that was when I was in school. But of course it have lots of differences between the school hostel and this type of hostel. I mean the school-hostel is self-service, while service-hostel is more like hotel but of course it lacks in term of facilities. I had a really good experiences while I was leaving at Shophouse and for sure I'll stay at this place again when I'm going to Singapore in the future.


The cafe is at the lower ground and the cafe cashier counter cum receptionist is at the same place. So I was a bit confused while I was about to check-in because I thought the counter might be in different places. But how do you expect the small space to have many counters, right?


Shophouse The Social Hostel is located at Arab Street, it's very near from Kampong Glam. If you plan of going here by MRT, do drop yourself at Bugis Station, next to Raffles Hospital.




This is the counter that I was talking about. The staffs are local, friendly and young! I bet they're in early 20's.


I was about to check-out! Keep it clean and no-mess, ya!


The washrooms were very clean and I like it.


This one was very small and I didn't bother myself to enter the room.


The breakfast menu but you can have these for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper as you please.


See! The Sultan Mosque is like one to two steps from this place. Freaking near!


The Raffles Hospital which is next to MRT Bugis Station.



Rooftop Balcony






The mingling place for travelers.


Leave your marks here, pals!


This is how to educate people and I like it. Rules are made for education and it's good... to be good.



No comments:

Post a Comment